Do moms really want a car wash gift card?
The answer is a resounding, emphatic YES. There are many reasons why gifts for a mom should include Tommy’s Express gift cards, and you’ll read about those later.
Let’s chat about what we typically see for gifting opportunities. These options work for Mother’s Day, but also for birthdays, holiday gift-giving, or a simple “I was thinking of you” or “I love you.”
Traditional gifts for Mother’s Day
Let’s talk about gifts for mom on Mother’s Day (or any other time, frankly).
- We’ve got your standard flowers (marked up in price, of course, but not as much as those Valentine’s Day bouquets). Flowers are lovely and they smell great.
- Planters or hanging baskets. A great option: they last longer than a bouquet, plus spring has sprung and that front porch won’t spruce itself up.
- Personalized jewelry. Birthstones, child initials on a necklace, or names on rings are always popular choices. We see a lot of hearts here. But you can really only gift this once.
- Her favorite beverage, snack, or treat. Maybe a delightful dinner out or made at home for her.
- Spa gift cards. A massage, facial, pedicure, or manicure are awesome ways for moms to decompress and relax. Love this one.
These are all popular options for a reason. They’re simple and thoughtful.
Now let’s think outside the box.
Car wash gift cards are simply the best
Many mom vehicles (including the glamorous minivans) are mobile command centers.
- Drop off and pick up kids and neighbors to and from school.
- Run carpool for theater rehearsals, sports practices, games, music lessons, etc.
- Become the de facto transport for work events (unless car seats are installed).
- Fill the need for a spacious vehicle for long road trips.
- Hold first aid kits (with the most important kid fix: Band-Aids), extra outfits and diapers, emergency snacks, tissues, hand wipes and sanitizer, as well as car games and fidget toys.
There are not enough tally marks in the world to count how often mom-mobiles have come through in a kid crisis.
We love them.
But also, they get really dirty.
If she can use a visit to a Tommy’s Express to make it sparkle and vacuum rogue Goldfish crackers all at the same time, it really does save some sanity. Read more here about how a clean space can help reduce stress.
The visit can be a field trip all on its own. It’s the epitome of moms multitasking: Entertain the kids with the foam and spray and get the vehicle clean and shiny? Win-win.
That’s why a car wash gift card really does hit the spot. Moms love practical gifts too. She’ll feel the love when you present it to her.
Want to get really wild? Gift her a TommyClub membership so she can wash unlimited all month long. Watch those brownie points stack up!